Instagram for Lawyers
Instagram for Law Firms
Harness the Power of Photos, Stories & Reels to Showcase & Grow Your Practice
Instagram has evolved far beyond its origins as a simple photo-sharing app. Today, it’s a powerhouse platform for marketing, including legal marketing. It’s not just about posting pretty pictures; it’s about creating engaging, relevant content that showcases your law firm’s expertise and unique value proposition.
What Should I Post About On My Attorney Instagram Page?
By sharing insightful posts about your practice areas, success stories, legal tips, and even behind-the-scenes snapshots, you can establish a strong brand identity and build trust with your audience.
Through its user-friendly interface, Instagram also facilitates direct interaction with followers, helping law firms foster client relationships and enhance their online reputation. So, don’t underestimate the power of a short Instagram post; it’s a potent tool to amplify your legal marketing strategy. Need help developing a strategy or content? Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION today.
Law Firm Instagram Marketing FAQs
Instagram offers various ad formats suitable for law firms:
- Photo Ads. Share your story through a clean, simple canvas. Showcase your firm, successful case results, or happy clients.
- Video Ads. Up to 60 seconds of video content, which can be beneficial for client testimonials or explainer content.
- Carousel Ads. Feature up to 10 images or videos in a single ad, each with its link. This can be used for multiple client testimonials or various services.
- Stories Ads. These are full-screen ads that appear between user stories. They’re ephemeral and last for 24 hours.
- IGTV Ads. Longer-form video content that allows for deeper dives into topics or informational sessions.
- Explore Ads. These appear in the Explore section and can be a way to reach a broader audience beyond your followers.
To boost brand awareness and connect with potential clients:
- Quality Content. Consistently post high-quality images, videos, and stories related to your legal expertise.
- Engage. Reply to comments, interact with followers, and use features like polls or Q&A sessions in your stories.
- Use Hashtags. Incorporate relevant and trending hashtags to improve discoverability.
- Collaborate. Partner with influencers or other complementary professionals for shoutouts or shared content.
- Hold Webinars or Q&A sessions. Use Instagram Live to host informational sessions and consider offering free legal tips or answering general questions.
- Instagram Ads. Invest in targeted advertising to reach a wider or specific audience.
- Post Client Testimonials. With their consent, share stories or testimonials from satisfied clients.
Absolutely! Using hashtags in your attorney Instagram posts can be highly beneficial for a number of reasons:
- Visibility & Discoverability. Hashtags can increase the visibility of your posts. When users search or click on a specific hashtag, they are shown all associated posts. By using relevant hashtags, you can make your content discoverable to a broader audience.
- Target Specific Audiences. Using specific legal-related hashtags can help you target potential clients seeking legal advice or services. For example, #FamilyLawTips or #PersonalInjuryAdvice can attract users specifically interested in those topics.
- Engage with Communities. Hashtags allow you to join trending conversations or specific communities. Engaging in these can showcase your expertise and build your credibility.
- Brand Building. Creating a unique hashtag for your law firm (e.g., #SmithLawSuccessStories) can help in branding. Encourage your clients to use it in their posts or testimonials, creating a collection of success stories or positive experiences linked with your firm.
- Track Campaigns. If you run a campaign or contest on Instagram, using a specific hashtag can help you easily track entries and participation.
We recommended posting on Instagram 3-4 times a week, but quality always trumps quantity. Ensure your posts provide value and are relevant to your target audience.
Best Time & Day to Post:
- The optimal time universally is 11 AM on Wednesdays.
Why Mid-Day & Mid-Week?
- Instagram users tend to engage more actively with content during work hours, especially in the middle of the day and the middle of the week. This trend is likely because users are taking short breaks from their work or academic schedules and using that time to scroll through Instagram, engaging in liking, sharing, and commenting.
What About Weekends?
- Weekends generally see lower engagement levels. It’s speculated that individuals are more engrossed in offline activities and not as glued to their screens, leading to decreased Instagram activity.
Chart: Best times to post on Instagram 2022
- Highlighting that mid-day and mid-week posts, especially around 11 AM on Wednesdays, tend to receive the highest engagement, while weekends usually see a drop in interactions.
Yes. Always ensure that your marketing aligns with the ethical guidelines set by your local or state bar association. Avoid making guarantees about outcomes, revealing confidential client information, or making false or misleading statements.
Use Instagram Insights, the platform’s in-built analytics tool, to measure engagement, reach, website clicks, and other important metrics. Track these over time to understand the effectiveness of your strategies.
Avoid sharing confidential client information, commenting on ongoing cases, making misleading or false claims, or anything that could be deemed unprofessional or in violation of legal ethics.